Wednesday, July 17, 2013

More & New Stuff

Heat is intense, I feel like a slug. I have done a little, very little, work and my mind is melted, so I might slip off topic a bit

Wish I was swimming with this Golden Dolphin now, but I am not. Sitting inland in AC instead. She (the dolphin) is a magnet about 8in. x 14 in., just the right size for friendly reminders to surf when it’s rough water, find food with friends, careful in the shallows and most important play with friends whenever I can.Icollaged dolphin   8in. x 14 in.

If I’m in a hurry swim straight but if not meander and smell the seaweed.

Hats and top are pretty much the ‘stuff’ (remember “stuff by brooks”) of the moment.flowerjacket-upcycledThe dark mauve jacket is embellished with related flowers and leaves – simple, strong images. Sorry it sold, because as soon as it got cooler I would wear it. I will make another. The Black Jacket has an odd and fun mix of embellishments, including a graphic image for a pocket (I think every jacket or pants should have pockets), white 3-D edging, several black fish on white and 2 shiny white circles. 

Black and white embellished upcycled jacketThese amazing flowers are blooming right outside our door now – great colors, no Photoshop.hydgrangeapuple hat with puple flower - upcycled

This hat is funny because I actually spray painted it inside and out, it was an ugly red that I couldn’t make look decent. Around the crown is purple silk leopard design and a large purple flower. It is a “Sunday Going to Meeting” hat. Want it ?

I did say I might drift off topic, so look at the amazing colors of these broccoli worms(or whatever they are)in the broccoli and how the colors play off each other.broccoli and broccoli wormsSo much for hot weather meanderings. I will be back soon.

Thanks for visiting, Brooks .

No comments:

Post a Comment