Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Ethnic Clothes from New York City

Old style ethnic clothes from SE Asian and North Africa
 More Clothes on fake people from the Museum of Natural History in New York City. What I like most in this one is the belt -  I didn't note the country, I felt lucky to get these pictures. The belt is multi-colored tassels in colors that are in the fabric and not at all in the fabric. It stands out and the different levels make it much more striking  and turn a pretty conservative dress into one with some pizazz.
Beautiful mix of patterns, brocades, striped pants. Beautiful.
I love the solid colors, stripes, brocades, textures, patterns and layering all in one outfit. I like the pants under a kind of skirt and patterns next to each that are unexpected. Lots of eye candy in this. I think it is both feminine and practical for horse back riding or anything else.
long skirt, short jacket, vest, beautiful
And, finally this long skirt and short jacket. I love the layers - short sleeved jacket with long sleeve brocade coming through to the wrist and the very textured vest showing through under the jacket. Some of the fabric is rich, shiny brocade, some simple probably reused flannel like material. The dyes are deep rich colors  and then in the middle is a bright pink sash with seemingly no relation to the rest of the outfit. On the top is a black blouse that reminds me of the black turtle necks I love to wear.
These inspire me to make more really outrageous clothes. In the hats and tops I make the more outrageous ones sell first.  

Next post will be more of what I'm making now.

No comments:

Post a Comment